CCSM Face Mask Brigade
The CCSM Face Mask Brigade is a group of volunteers that is creating face masks to give to organizations, families and individuals in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As hospitals stock up on medical-grade face masks to prepare for COVID-19 patients, CCSM volunteers are researching, innovating and collaborating to create homemade face masks.
How to Get Involved
Join us as we work to become the hands, feet and face of God, helping others during this difficult time. Explore ideas below for ways to help.
Join the Face Mask Brigade
We are ramping up our face mask production and need volunteers! You don’t need to be a seamstress or even have a sewing machine to participate. We also need help cutting, procuring, washing and distributing masks. If you would like to help, please contact us by filling out the form on this page.
Do you have any of the items collecting dust in your home? If yes, please consider giving them to the Face Mask Brigade. Contact us by filling out the form on this page.
- Elastic – Especially 1/4″ and 1/8″, though we will take anything at this point as it is very difficult to find online and in stores)
- Fabric – Tightly woven cotton fabrics and nonfusible interfacing (such as Pellon polypropylene)
- Notions – Thread, bias tape
- Sewing machine – If you have a working machine that you are not using, one of our Brigade members may be able to use it!
Other Ways to Give
It’s an uncertain time for everyone right now, and many organizations are in need of resources at a time when giving is down. Every week we make a gift to one of the organizations we sponsor, and you are encouraged to continue giving generously to our “plate offering” organizations even as we are not physically gathering. Here are several ways to give:
- You can quickly give a one-time gift or you can log in to myCCSM and set up a recurring gift. Learn more about myCCSM and how you can set up an account. Contact us if you need assistance.
- You can also TEXT a gift to the church. Text 73256 and type in either CCSM Plate $__ (with the amount) or CCSM General $__ (with the amount). You will receive a response text that asks you to click on an included link.
- Of course, you may always send in a check to the church office (225 Tilton Ave., San Mateo, CA 94401).