Your Giving Made This Possible…
As we strive to be the hub of progressive Christianity on the Peninsula, we are thrilled and honored to receive the San Mateo County Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration Honorary Organization Award. This honor is given to organizations that make significant contributions to furthering Dr. King’s vision of equality and justice.
2016 was a terrific year of ministry!
In the past year, CCSM:
- Increased our middle school Sunday school program attendance by 150%
- Expanded the number of service projects adopted by CCSM and increased the number of church members actively volunteering for CCSM
- Generated enthusiasm for exploration of religion and science in a special series during Lent
- Launched our new Companion Ministry program. Congregational Care Ministry is undergoing an exciting transformation that empowers each of us to be more intentional about how we care for each other beyond the walls of this church
- Created and launched an exciting new website and a new database program
- Established neighborhood groups
- Streamlined the Pine Tree newsletter and information flow in the church
- Enhanced children’s involvement in the overall life of the church by participation in social justice projects and talking about the same themes as the adults
- Developed and launched the Latino Ministry with active leadership team
- Focused and engaged in our local neighborhood, enjoyed community events together
- Doubled participation in our Las Posadas service
- Had our most successful stewardship campaign ever!
- Organized and led a community vigil after the Orlando shooting
- Enjoyed the choir performing the Durufle Requiem in their spring concert, reprised after a forty year hiatus
- Grew the 20/30s group substantially over the last year; 11 young adults joined the church!