Peace Village is an interfaith peace education camp for kids ages 7–13. CCSM created Peace Village in collaboration with The Muslim Children’s Garden School and Peninsula Temple Beth El. Under the leadership of skilled teachers and trained young adult group leaders, villagers learn about peacemaking. We offer peaceful conflict resolution, media literacy, different religious practices, yoga, field trips, art, music, community service opportunities, and more.
The mission of Peace Village is to immerse children, youth, and adults in ways of being peacemakers within an interfaith community.
- We believe collaboration with our communities is essential to peacemaking.
- We recognize, accept and celebrate diversity in race, ethnicity, culture, language and religion.
- We value and teach experiential learning that is developmentally appropriate.
- We believe the skills required for peaceful living include respect for others, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
- We recognize and encourage each human being’s inherent potential for inner peacefulness.
- We recognize and honor the resources for peacemaking in all faith traditions.
- We recognize the responsibility of human beings in caring for our earth.
- We value the study of peacemakers and their models for creating a peaceful world.
- We believe creating awareness of violent language and the media’s impact on society is necessary for the promotion of peace.
- We believe young children will be the leaders of change and will create a new vision for a healthy, peaceful, interfaith society.
Interested? We invite you learn more.